Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's getting kinda sad when you become less productive when the internet goes down.

I was working on multiple projects; entering data in FMP, composing an Email, and helping a customer through iChat screen sharing when the internet went down. Then I found my self searching for something productive to do that was work related. It was kinda hard because I was really focused on the three projects I had going on. This is definitely the down side of the cloud. Abut 10 years ago, when I worked at a CD import/export company in Miami, we used to shout out "Everybody out of the pool" when the system went down, then wander off to go get some coffee or heckle the IT guys or more specifically, the developers who were trying to work out the bugs in said system. It used to make me laugh. Now it makes me wonder how much time/money I'm losing. Amazing what a difference 10 years will make.

 -Joe

Posted via email from Joe Shockley's Data & Sound Blog

No comments: